Welcome to NycterMoon, a Vanilla server with AI Companions!
- Companions are server controlled characters that you can hire from an Innkeeper and will fight for you as long as you remain online. They can fulfill different roles from Tank, Healer, Melee DPS and Ranged DPS across all classes. No matter what role you choose to play yourself, you can easily put together a group that could suit your particular needs. The Companions come prepared with their own equipment and consumables and will try to perform their role to the best of their ability without your input. You don’t have to worry about equipping them at all or sharing any of your consumables with them, because by their mercenary nature they will make sure to cover all of their needs and requirements using the fee that you pay upon hiring them.
- With the help of the Companions you can quest, run dungeons and even raid. At this moment all dungeons, including end game dungeons, are possible to clear and have been successfully cleared. Open world questing, elite zone clearing and farming are now easier than ever because you don’t have to find or wait for other people to join you. While it’s possible to clear trash packs in raids and kill some tank & spank bosses, no custom logic has been implemented yet and full raiding support is not available at the moment, but it’s something we will be working on in the future. Our goal is to make it possible to clear all the content in the game with the Companions’ assistance.
- Even though full raid support is not available yet, should you manage to clear raids with a mix of Players and Companions, it is possible to upgrade the gear of the Companions you hire by obtaining certain items from the final boss in a raid. By default, at level 60, Companions will be equipped with pre raid gear, call it Tier 0, but they can be upgraded to Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 2.5 and Tier 3. Companions have their own gear progression and they will grow stronger as you do.
- Battleground support. A different kind of server controlled characters will be joining you in Battlegrounds, called Wayfarers. They have their own logic and are tailored specifically for PvP. All you have to do is queue up for any of the 3 BGs: Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin or Alterac Valley and, after a minute in queue, Wayfarers will be filling the remaining spots and will continue to fill them if someone should leave the BG while it’s in progress.
- For the best experience we recommend using our Companions Control Panel Addon. This will allow you to easily add and control your Companions. All of their commands are integrated in the addon so you don’t have to memorize any of them if you don’t want to. Should you need any additional information about what these commands do, you can read about it in the Companion Commands section. We also recommend you to join our Discord server for any other questions you might have, we have a very helpful community who will gladly assist you.
READ BEFORE REGISTER
By clicking Register you agree to the following rules of the server:
- Rule 1. Be positive and helpful to other players.
- Rule 2. Be respectful to the staff.
- Rule 3. Jokes about mental disorders will result in a ban.
- Rule 4. Racism or discrimination will result in a ban.
- Rule 5. Hacking, botting or gold trading for real money will result in a ban.
- Rule 6. Avoid religious and political discussions.
1. Create an Account by visiting the Registration page.
2. Download the Client (5GB) from the provided link in the Server Information section. The server supports the client version: 1.12.1 (5875).
3. (Optional) We highly recommend that you also download the Companions Control Panel Addon to make it easier for you to control the Companions. Should you choose not to download the Addon the Companions can also be controlled by chat commands, manually.
4. In the Client’s main folder, open realmlist.wtf with notepad and replace all text with:
set realmlist nyctermoonwow.com
NycterMoon (Limited to show 49 player - Online players: 1)
The easiest way to control the AI Companions would be to use our Companions Control Panel Addon.
This will give you access to their most important commands without the need for macros or remembering their chat commands. You can also assign a keybind for the Addon to quickly open or close the interface. To do so: open up the game menu, select Key Bindings and scroll down to the Companions Control Panel section where you can assign a keybind of your choosing.
The CPP Addon allows you to quickly customize and add Companions to your group, change their roles and strategies, setup Crowd Control and Focus Marks for the Companions to prioritize, and easily access their commands for movement, attack and object usage.
You can quickly download the Addon by using the link in the upper right hand side of the page, or by joining our Discord server and checking the #announcements channel.
Any command directed at the Companions must contain the prefix .z followed by the desired command and/or arguments.
By typing .z in game chat you will be given a list of all of the available commands.
.z add [class][role][race][gender]
This is the main way to add a Companion if you want full customization over them. The only mandatory arugment here is [class]. The other arguments can be specified or can be left blank, in which case you will get something randomized for that argument.
.z add warrior tank human male -> A new Companion of Class Warrior, Role Tank, Race Human and Gender Male will be added.
.z add warrior -> A new Companion of Class Warrior, Role Random, Race Random and Gender Random will be added.
.z add warrior tequila sunrise on a beach somewhere -> A new Companion of Class Warrior, Role Random, Race Random and Gender Random will be added.
.z add tequila sunrise on a beach somewhere -> Syntax Eror, no Companion will be added.
.z add [role]
Alternatively, a quicker way is to add directly by [role], which will give you a Companion of the specified Role but everything else is Random.
.z add tank -> A new Companion of Role Tank, Class Random, Race Random and Gender Random will be added.
Another way to add Companions is by cloning, which will duplicate a target Player of your level or lower.
If you wish to remove Companions from your group there are 3 methods. Either by using this command or, more commonly, by kicking them out of the group, or by leaving the group yourself.
.z set [role]
This command sets the role of a targeted Companion to whatever you pass as argument. This is useful for changing the rotation and strategy of Companions with multiple specs. For example, you can change a Druid from Bear tanking into a healer, though be warned that nothing else changes, only their strategy.
.z set healer -> Targeted Companion will be set as a Healer and will try to heal the group, instead of whatever else they were doing before.
.z come [role/class] (not)
If you don't pass an argument then all Companions will come to your location. By passing a role or class argument you can specificy whom should come to you. Additionally, you can use a second argument: not to exclude the specified first argument. If you target a Companion then only that Companion will come, irrespective of your arguments. If you don't have a target selected then all Companions matching the arguments will be affected. When using the Addon not is represented by a checkbox next to the [role/class] selector. When the box is unchecked that means not is in effect.
.z come tank -> All Companions with the role Tank will come to your location.
.z come tank not -> All Companions except Tanks will come to your location.
.z come mage -> All Companions with the class Mage will come to your location.
.z come mage not -> All Companions who are not Mages will come to your location.
.z stay [role/class] (not)
This command makes the Companions hold their current position. The arguments work in the same way as with .z come.
.z comestay [role/class] (not)
A combination of .z come and .z stay. First, the Companions will come to your location and then they will stay. This command is very useful for a lot of different situations such as corner pulling, getting the Companions past mobs they might otherwise aggro, or just generally making sure they're not sitting where they're not supposed to.
.z move [role/class] (not)
If you have made your Companions stay then you have 2 options to get them moving again, either with .z come or this command.
.z pull [duration, default 10 seconds]
This command has 2 effects. First, it pauses all DPS Companions in the group by the given duration, default is 10 seconds. Secondly, it sends in the Tank Companions to attack. Healers are unaffected. Very useful if your Tank Companion is struggling with holding aggro, which is usually the case in end game dungeons when they need more time to establish threat.
It forces the Companions to use AoE spells if they are in range of the selected target. Useful for situations where they would otherwise not use AoE, such as for killing the gate rats in Stratholme because they don't consider critters as valid targets for AoE.
It will send the Companions to attack a selected target.
It will cause all Companions to stop attacking.
.z pause [duration, default 300 seconds]
It will pause the targeted Companion for the specified duration, default 300 seconds. Paused means they won't do anything at all, completely frozen. Useful in case you want your Companions to stay out of your way for a while.
It will unpause the targeted Companion.
.z ccmark [raidmark]
The default CC Mark is Moon. This command changes it to something else that you specify. You can either change it for individuals or all the Companions at once based on whether or not you have one selected.
.z focusmark [raidmark]
The default is Cross for Tanks, Star for Healers and Skull for DPS. Be aware that focus marks causes Companions to focus solely on the target who has the mark.
.z toggle [helm/cloak]
To help you customize your Companions further, this command allows you to hide or show their helm or cloak. If you use it without arguments then both the helm and cloak will be toggled, for individuals or whole group depending on the target selection.